Friday, March 8, 2013

penny pinching

So next week is Spring Break, and I'm not going anywhere this year, which means I have all week long to stay home and work hard. This is great, actually, as I have a lot to do, but at the moment it just means that I've completely lost my carefully cultivated sense of urgency. To that end, here is a list of stuff I've been saving up for recently. None of these things are expensive--or at least they don't have to be--but none of them are truly necessary, either. I think that's a good combination: it's fun to save up and anticipate, and these things are cheap enough that they're within reach. Win.


1. A cozy flannel shirt
2. A manicure (fun fact: the last time I had a manicure was a few days before my wedding)
3. Fake glasses. I know 
4. This fake tattoo, because even though my sister-in-law gave me one a few Christmases ago, once is never enough for a rabbit smoking a pipe
5. This album
6. These shoes (which, thanks to the unbelievable generosity of a dear friend with a store credit, are actually on their way!)
7. A simple pair of sleek black tights

One of my favorite bloggers does a series called make-believe, where she imagines outfits or tools for certain activities and places. If this were my own make-believe series, this would be called "Moving to Austin."

1 comment:

  1. Babel is SO good. You will be in love with it, as I am, desperately.

    ReplyDelete