Monday, October 29, 2012

home

Before I get to the good stuff, here's the obligatory Hurricane Sandy update:

There isn't one. At least not yet. It seems likely that the bulk of the storm will miss us entirely, which is fine by me, but also makes the city's epic preparations (everything was closed, from schools to buses to museums) seem a little silly. Ah, well. Better safe...

In other news, here are the long-awaited apartment pictures! As I've mentioned before, our location couldn't be better. We're a block and a half from the Capitol (the real one! of our country!), about a block from Union Station, and about three from the Folger Shakespeare Library and the Library of Congress. Perfect. Of course, our apartment is 380 square feet, but it's worth it. In fact, I think we like it.


It took us a really long time to figure out how to arrange our main living space, and I love what we came up with. Turns out there's something really cozy about having a couch at the foot of the bed. It's like comfort piled on top of comfort.



You can basically get the feel for our whole apartment with this picture. The living space (bed, couch, etc.) is behind me here. The kitchen is in that first opening to the left, and the bathroom is in through the second door. Our built-in closet is across from the bathroom.



Our cabinets are really tall, so I use the step stool all the time. We put the microwave on top of the fridge, which feels very clever and is only a little inconvenient.


There you (mostly) have it. I'm realizing now that I'm missing the bathroom, which is a shame, since it's one of my favorite rooms in the house. Next time. Long story short: we're in love.

3 comments:

  1. When I move, will you please come help me arrange/decorate my new place? Your apartments always look so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Haylie! Loved seeing your new place! Of course, it's decorated so cute! I do need your new address, though, if you want to hear from your old auntie and uncle who moved to Heber. Please send it! (kimlisa58@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I haven't actually seen the inside of your bathroom yet. How odd is that? Next time I come over I'll have to chug down some water so I can have the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete